
I know this may seem a little redundant, but we're having plumbing problems again. This time, it has nothing to do with the 3-year-old, but is related rather to a much older and larger problem. Since our house is
50 years old, we sort of expect repairs here and there, but I had no idea that pipes needed to be replaced periodically. The ones under our house are cast iron, and have a tendency to erode. Unfortunately, repairing them requires digging under the house. Since the broken pipe is under that master bathroom, we have to demo the shower. I am
ECSTATIC. If we're tearing up the floor and shower, we might as well do the whole bathroom while we're at it (darn it!), which is pretty much original to the house. My wonderful and very handy husband decided this would be a DIY project. Lots of money saved. He estimates this will take 3 months worth of Saturdays, but that is a small sacrifice. (I do feel bad for him, that's a lot of boring weekends, but I've promised to make it up to him). So here we go! The above picture was taken at 10 am Sat. morning.

This is about 10 pm that night. Note the pile of dirt that remains in the bathroom now. (Not complaining dude.)

If you're having problems with perspective, there's a little bit of flooring visible still. Basically he had to remove the shower, toilet and dig into the wall. That's my cute little hubby with the headlamp in the corner.

Even the roaches lives have been a little disrupted. This is disgusting, I know. I think I could write a book on Chandler Sewer roaches, but will refrain from unnecessary details. We'll post a picture of the finished bathroom.
Comments