
Two things... we had Ashlin's baby shower over the weekend, and I have to admit, the bigger she gets with her little twinners, the more excited
I get. I know it's hard for you now, Ash. I really feel your pain. (At least until those two hit a combined weight of 10 lbs.) I have so enjoyed watching her grow in her awareness of those sweet little babies, and become a
Mother. I have observed all of my brothers and sisters with my children, and wondered what it was like to love the niece or nephew of my siblings. There seems to be a love there that I never expected, and couldn't quite grasp. As I've watched those cute little Wojo babies on their ultrasound, and observed their growth from the outside, I've started to understand. The closer she gets, the more excited we all get. That's Ashlin above, 32 weeks right? (Yipee!!)
And second...
Spring has brought with it all of the beauty that I am learning to love about Arizona, and I've decided that if I needed a filter of optimism in my life, instead of "rose-colored-glasses" it would have to be the scent of the orange blossoms. Every time I go outside that intoxicating smell makes me want to jump around like an idiot and do a cartwheel. My mother-in-law and I stood in the backyard crushing the little white flowers, trying to figure out it's source, maybe preserve it somehow. It's totally elusive. When you crush them, the smell disapears. Their smell seems to make me kind of sentimental too. As I was outside with the kids tonight, I started thinking about those two orange trees, and my grandpa planting them. I feel like everything green on this property is a reminder of his legacy. I hope he's proud of me, even if I can't seem to keep a gardenia alive.

I took some impromtu pictures of the kids the other day... Gracie as usual is the best subject a mom could ask for.

And I love how Emerson wouldn't put his rock down to stop and look at the flower. He really is cute when he is preoccupied.

And then there's little Porter. I love that little face! One of these days I'll catch him smiling, and everyone will know why his smile makes me want to cry. These kids just make me melt!
Comments
I will come over and do cartwheels with you over the blossom smells. The Acacia tree has great smelling flowers too,that's what smells good around Lowes and Inn n Out. I wish I could sniff orange blossoms forever!
And thanks for the run the other day. I am still moving like an old lady, I definitley went overboard. What was I thinking?