My Little "Chubby"
Sweet little Porter. I am having trouble accepting that it's been a year already. I read somewhere that age one marks the beginning of toddlerhood. While I think "toddle" is the perfect description for Porter and his little world, I have a hard time shedding the baby references. He still draws his knees to his chest in the fetal position when he is drinking his bottle. He still looks so much like a baby when he's sleeping. And he's just plain squishy. He has mercifully maintained his chubbiness, which I can't seem to stop pinching.
There are other milestones that point to growing up though, that I just can't ignore. First words, ("stop!", Bat, as in "batman")and signs that he is understanding more and more about the world around him. He loves to dance and sing little songs with us. He has an insatiable appetite. He can hear the door alarm from anywhere in the house and is very offended if he doesn't get to go "bye-bye". He doesn't have the time to cuddle with his mommy. (Jen, I am so JEALOUS that Austin will still snuggle with you.)
(Big, long cleansing breath.)
I thought these things would get easier with each child, but it's proven to be the opposite. I seem to get more and more sentimental with each one.

Comments