Very Well Then

That's Emerson's newest catch phrase.

"Emerson, get out of the street, there's a car coming!" screams mom.

"Very wew den" replies Emerson, walking casually back, apparently un phased by the hysterical tone his mother's voice has taken, or the slowing car on approach.

"Emerson, stop choking your sister".

"Very wew den".

Apparently we're approaching a new phase of obedience... or lack of? I'm not quite sure what to make of that. He says it almost dryly. Can kids develop that sophisticated of a sense of humor at 3?

I feel bad because Emerson takes up so much space in these little blogs... but Grace is such a quiet, sweet and obedient little girl. I just hate to brag, but I will. She has been learning to help, and not just the kind that I have to go and re-do later, but actually help. She can pacify Porter, or turn on the DVD player for Emerson. She's always been willing to help though, I shouldn't be surprised.

And Porter, well Porter is finding his appetite. Last night while we ate dinner at Costco he managed to get his chompers around a churro, and was suddenly ravenous. As we left, he swiped at what he thought was leftovers with ninja-like reflexes (sorry kiddo, it was just the other half of a turkey roll up) only to be dissapointed. He has a very distinctive screech that he reserves only for his perceived threats to food. Everyone in the Costco parking lot heard it. I think we can all see why he needs the calories though. He's starving.

John is on a job in Montezuma, so he's gone Monday through Friday now. It's actually going really well. I know he misses the kids while he's away, so it's hard for him, but there's a lot of paperwork for him to do, and he has been getting lot's of rest.

I'm doing pretty well with it too, as are the kids. They know where he is, and they know he'll always come home. We talk every night, and spend lots of time together on the weekends. We are so grateful he has a job! I can't complain, things are good!

"Very wew den."

Comments

Ashlin said…
Too funny! I thought it was cute when you guys were over and Gracie would say, "Okay I'm done, what else can I do..." Or, "I don't have anything to do!"

I can't wait to see what your kids teach my kids!
Anonymous said…
Where did he come up with Very well then? That's hilarious! I'm glad Grace has been such a good helper to you. Clayton is like that, and now Shereen is getting there. When I ask her to help me do something she hops up and says Oh sure mom. Its so cute.

Now you have to blog about your grand canyon hike and Pat Tilman run. You go sporty girl!
That phrase is the cutest and most hilarious thing!! That boy keeps you on your toes :). I love the picture of Porter...he's so cute!