The Infirmary

Three different colds in one month. And not all at the same time. Child one contracts and suffers, gets better, and no kidding, the next day, child 2 begins. By the time number 4 has a fever, I'm trying to figure out how I can get my hands on antibiotics. They are just so stingy with that stuff.

So when Grace started saying she felt sick again, (this one included pinkeye) I was seriously thinking of just getting out a community drinking cup, just to get it all over with. Of coarse, I would never do that... (and I know no one else has ever considered the same thing) that was the insanity creeping in. For heaven's sake, and I never really thought I'd hear myself saying this, but all I want to do is go for a really long run. We've all been cooped up in this house waaaay too long.

P.S. Zicam is awesome. I just wish my kids would listen to me and not spit it out.

Comments

Ashlin said…
I know exactly how you feel. After we got back from AZ, Brooklyn had her cold for two weeks, was better for a week, then started having on and off fevers everyday for a week and a half before they figured out she had an ear infection. All the while, I had a sinus infection for a week, then a cold, the next week, which turned into Bronchitis the third week. AND, Mike had been getting sick on and off this whole time. Brayden is the only one that has stayed healthy!

Winter is just the worst for kids! I hope you're done now. We miss you!
Anonymous said…
Hang in there Annie. Before you know it, it's all good and happy again. Last year we had a rough sick year. Nelson had swine flu and Gilli mono in the spring. So far this school year has been pretty good. We miss you tons in the ward.