Ha! Settled...

I believe I promised at the end of my last post nearly a month ago that I would post again when we were "settled" in the new house. Ha! That was presumptuous. That assumes that things would settle sometime in the near future. I still can't find my toaster. Or my ipod charger. I'm pretty sure "settled" is a way off, but we'll pretend.

I wish I had fancy pictures of the new house to post, or pictures of anything at all, but I can't find the camera. We have no pictures of Halloween Costumes this year, but add that to a list of lost memories in the past 12 months that I'm sure will go down in history as the "lost year". It turns out that pregnancy, birth, and an absent daddy can really wreack havock on one's memory, but one of these days...

The move went as expected. Miraculously, all of our belongings were transported from point A to point B, which seemed at the time more daunting than climbing out of the Grand Canyon. At least then, I knew exactly what I had to do: right, left, right, left... Moving is a little more ambiguos. I took a lot of stuff to Goodwill, simply because I just didn't know what box to put it in.

The weird thing about moving is that life still has to happen. Kids still think they need to eat breakfast, and the car still runs out of gas. And when that's all over, there's the old house to clean. And the endless unpacking.

I just have to say I am sooooo grateful for my friends and family who were willing to step in and take my kids, bring dinner, and help move that heavy piano. What would we have done without them? I don't deserve you all!

And I'm not making any promises about future posts, because if there's anything I've learned in the past few months, it's that if you don't make a goal, then you don't fail at it. Steven R. Covey, I am not.

Comments

Brenden+Nikki said…
ok well you HAVE to post a picture before June. Otherwise it will be too weird to see Myles walking when I just last looked at his newborn picture.

I don't think June is too ambitious.

Glad you guys moved in ok - the worst part is unpacking. But it's fun to redecorate too. But who am I to say? I've only ever done it with one child. And it did take me twice as long as it ever has before. And you have 4 children. aaaah - but you're a pro by now right? :)

I love when you update. :)
Anonymous said…
if you need me to watch your kiddos while you unpack boxes im very willing to entertain them!! I miss them!! so much I will still love to babysit!!!!!

~Gillian
Laurel said…
I know I have seen you twice this week, but we still miss you. Let's set a date for next week when I can come over and help unpack or entertain kids whichever is more helpful. Call me.