Playing "Catch-up"
So the last few months have been a little crazy. With my sister and brother having moved out of state, taking all my kids' cousins, I guess I'll have to be better about keeping up with the blog, since I love reading theirs so much. I miss you guys! So here's the short version of the last several months...
John has started working at the Grand Canyon during the week. Actually, he left when Myles was a week old. I almost lost it, but we've adjusted well. The kids have just seen a lot more "mean mommy" lately, but overall, it's been a good thing. He has work until April, and he's staying in Williams, which is a fun little weekend trip away. We actually visited him this past weekend, and saw the Grand Canyon while we were up there. The kids were unimpressed (we did a "car tour" on the bus route since we were afraid for obvious reasons of letting the "crazies" anywhere near the cliffs. Just taking the picture was a little nerve wracking.) Emerson kept asking when we were going home, and Grace quite diplomaticly conceded that the canyon looked fake. Porter just kept reminding Daddy to drive carefully. Maybe we'll try that again in a few years.
Anyways...school has started, and so has homework, piano lessons, and my lifeline trips to the gym. Back to the grind. Grace continually amazes me with her love of school. She loves to read, (she's currently reading a chapter book about Shadow the dog) and more often than not, she's fallen asleep at night with her light on and the book dropped on her bed. I'm so excited that she finds so much joy in reading!
And at the end of this month we'll be moving! It's just a mile from here, though we'll be out of our current stake. Packing amidst the usual chaos has been a whole new test of my patience. And I'm not sure wether to be excited that Emerson and Porter can't destroy this house any more than they already have, or worry what kind of damage they can do to a new home. With stairs. Next to a pretty big drop below the very climbable banister. One thing at a time.
(Porter brought me a broken cabinet door today. I think he snapped it off. He was smiling, so I couldn't understand why his words weren't really matching his face. "Porter broke the door, Porter broke it." he was saying, referring to himself as always in the third person. Lucky for that kid he has a cute mug.)
And then there's Myles. I feel like I blinked, and now he's giggling, smiling and cooing. And he had doubled his birthweight at his 2-month check, which allays my fears that he would be a petite baby next to his big brothers. Nope, he's doing just fine
Phew! I promise that really was the short version. I'll try this again when we're settled into the new house.
John has started working at the Grand Canyon during the week. Actually, he left when Myles was a week old. I almost lost it, but we've adjusted well. The kids have just seen a lot more "mean mommy" lately, but overall, it's been a good thing. He has work until April, and he's staying in Williams, which is a fun little weekend trip away. We actually visited him this past weekend, and saw the Grand Canyon while we were up there. The kids were unimpressed (we did a "car tour" on the bus route since we were afraid for obvious reasons of letting the "crazies" anywhere near the cliffs. Just taking the picture was a little nerve wracking.) Emerson kept asking when we were going home, and Grace quite diplomaticly conceded that the canyon looked fake. Porter just kept reminding Daddy to drive carefully. Maybe we'll try that again in a few years.
And at the end of this month we'll be moving! It's just a mile from here, though we'll be out of our current stake. Packing amidst the usual chaos has been a whole new test of my patience. And I'm not sure wether to be excited that Emerson and Porter can't destroy this house any more than they already have, or worry what kind of damage they can do to a new home. With stairs. Next to a pretty big drop below the very climbable banister. One thing at a time.
(Porter brought me a broken cabinet door today. I think he snapped it off. He was smiling, so I couldn't understand why his words weren't really matching his face. "Porter broke the door, Porter broke it." he was saying, referring to himself as always in the third person. Lucky for that kid he has a cute mug.)
Phew! I promise that really was the short version. I'll try this again when we're settled into the new house.

Comments
Miss you guys!!
-gillian
P.S. On a side note - I thought of your sweet little Emerson back in August when Zeke decided to slash my in-laws leather couch with scissors :). Oh the joys of motherhood :)...